Stream video manually from iPhone or iPadConnect your device to the same Wi-Fi network as your Apple TV, AirPlay-compatible smart TV, or Mac.Find the video that you want to stream.Tap the AirPlay button . In some apps, you might need to tap a different button first. … Choose your TV or Mac from the list.Connect your device to the same Wi-Fi network as your Apple TV, AirPlay-compatible smart TV, or Mac.Find the video that you want to stream.Tap the AirPlay button . In some apps, you might need to tap a different button first. … Choose your TV or Mac from the list.
Apple AirPlay allows you to wirelessly stream video, photos, music and more from your iPhone, iPad or Mac to your TV. Many Samsung TV models support AirPlay, making it easy to share content from your Apple devices on your big screen.
What is AirPlay?
AirPlay is an Apple technology that lets you stream audio, video, photos, screens and more over Wi-Fi from an iOS device or Mac to an AirPlay-enabled device like an Apple TV, smart TV, speakers or projectors.
With AirPlay and a compatible Samsung TV, you can:
- Stream videos, movies, TV shows from your iPhone/iPad to your TV
- View photos and slideshows from your iPhone/iPad on your TV
- Play music from your iPhone/iPad through your TV’s speakers
- Mirror your iPhone/iPad screen on your TV so it displays exactly what you see on your device
AirPlay provides an easy wireless connection between your Apple devices and TV for seamless media streaming and screen mirroring.
Which Samsung TVs Support AirPlay?
Many recent Samsung smart TVs support AirPlay 2, allowing you to utilize AirPlay from iOS devices and Macs. Here are the Samsung TV models that work with AirPlay:
- 2022-2023 Neo QLED, QLED, Frame, Sero, Odyssey Ark
- 2021-2022 The Frame, The Sero, The Serif
- 2021-2023 The Freestyle projector
- 2020-2023 8K and 4K QLED TVs
- 2019-2022 4K UHD TVs
- 2018-2019 Frame TV and QLED TVs
So if you have a current Samsung smart TV there’s a good chance it is compatible with AirPlay. You can quickly check if your TV model supports AirPlay by going into your settings.
How to Use AirPlay on a Samsung TV
Using AirPlay to stream content from your Apple device to a Samsung TV is quick and easy. Just follow these steps:
1. Connect iOS Device and TV to Same Wi-Fi
First, make sure your iPhone, iPad or Mac and the Samsung TV are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. AirPlay will only work between devices on the same network.
2. Find Video, Photo or Audio to Stream
Open the app on your iOS device that has the video, music, photo or other content you want to stream. Make sure the content you want to AirPlay is playing or displayed.
3. Tap the AirPlay Icon
Find and tap the AirPlay icon. On iPhone or iPad it is typically in the bottom center of the screen once content is playing. On Mac it is in the menu bar at the top.
4. Select Your Samsung TV
A list of available AirPlay devices will appear. Select your Samsung TV from the list to begin streaming to your TV.
A code may appear on your TV – enter it on your iPhone, iPad or Mac to complete the connection.
That’s it! The selected video, music or photos will now stream from your Apple device directly to your Samsung TV.
Tips for Using AirPlay with a Samsung TV
Here are some handy tips for getting the most out of AirPlay when streaming to your Samsung TV:
- Update to latest software – Make sure both your Samsung TV and Apple devices are updated to the latest software version to ensure best AirPlay performance.
- Use dedicated apps – Stream video and music from the dedicated Apple TV, Apple Music, Photos and other apps for optimal quality. AirPlay mirroring shows exactly what’s on your device’s screen which may decrease video quality.
- Enable AirPlay – Check that AirPlay is enabled on your Samsung TV by going into your settings and ensuring AirPlay is turned on.
- Configure AirPlay settings – Dive into the AirPlay settings on your Samsung TV to configure options like AirPlay passcodes, subtitles and captioning.
- Stream automatically – Set up your Apple devices to automatically detect and connect to your Samsung TV so AirPlay starts streaming right away.
- Troubleshoot connections – If AirPlay isn’t working, make sure devices are on the same Wi-Fi, AirPlay is enabled on the TV, and you restart the devices.
Mirror Your iPhone or iPad on Your Samsung TV
One great AirPlay feature is the ability to mirror your iPhone or iPad on your TV. This displays exactly what you see on your mobile device right on the big screen.
Here’s how to mirror your iPhone or iPad to your Samsung TV with AirPlay:
Connect your iPhone/iPad and Samsung TV to the same Wi-Fi network.
On your iPhone or iPad, open the Control Center by swiping down from top right corner.
Tap on the Screen Mirroring button.
Select your Samsung TV from the list.
Your iPhone or iPad screen will now be mirrored to your TV. Anything you view or interact with on your mobile device will be displayed on the TV in real time.
To stop mirroring, open the Control Center again and tap Stop Mirroring.
Stream Photos & Videos to Samsung TV
Another great use for AirPlay is easily streaming photos and videos from your iPhone or iPad photo library to your TV.
Follow these steps:
Open the Photos app on your iPhone/iPad.
Tap on a photo or video you want to stream.
Tap the Share button (box with arrow) at the bottom left.
Tap on AirPlay.
Select your Samsung TV.
The photo or video will begin streaming to your TV. You can then swipe to view other photos/videos which will also stream.
Stream Music to Samsung TV
You can stream music from iPhone or iPad music apps like Apple Music over AirPlay to play through your Samsung TV’s speakers:
Open a music app and start playing a song.
Tap the AirPlay icon when music is playing.
Choose your Samsung TV.
The music will now play through your TV speakers. Be sure the TV volume is turned up.
Adjust Samsung TV AirPlay Settings
Your Samsung TV has some adjustable settings related to AirPlay you can tweak for your preferences:
- Require Code – Choose to require an AirPlay passcode on connections or not.
- Subtitles – Enable/disable displaying subtitles from video AirPlay streams.
- Captioning – Turn on captions for AirPlay audio streams.
- Reset Paired Devices – Remove all previously paired AirPlay devices.
Access these settings by going to your Samsung TV Settings > General > Apple AirPlay Settings.
Troubleshooting AirPlay Issues
If you are having trouble getting AirPlay streams to work properly from an iOS device to your Samsung TV, here are some things to try:
- Restart both the TV and your iPhone/iPad/Mac. This often fixes AirPlay connection issues.
- Ensure your Samsung TV and iOS devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Check that the content you are trying to AirPlay has started playing/displaying on your iPhone/iPad before you tap the AirPlay icon.
- Try disconnecting and reconnecting to the Wi-Fi network on your iOS device and TV.
- Ensure AirPlay is enabled on your Samsung TV by checking your TV’s settings.
- Update your Samsung TV and iOS devices to the latest software.
- Move your iOS device closer to the wireless router and TV to improve Wi-Fi signal.
If issues persist, you may need to contact Samsung or Apple support for additional help.
Thanks to Apple AirPlay support, it’s easy to wirelessly stream content from your iPhone, iPad and Mac to a compatible Samsung smart TV. From mirroring your iOS screen to streaming videos, photos and music, AirPlay provides seamless streaming between your devices.
By connecting your Apple devices and Samsung TV to the same Wi-Fi network, finding media to AirPlay, and selecting your TV as the streaming target, you can sit back and enjoy your iPhone, iPad and Mac content effortlessly
How to AirPlay on Samsung TVs
How do I set up AirPlay on my Samsung TV?
Why won’t AirPlay work on my Samsung TV?